All of our carers undergo dementia awareness training before being allocated shifts as we feel this is imperative to providing quality care to both service users and their families battling Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
Caring for service users with Alzheimer’s / Dementia can include – but is not limited to;
- Assisting with Personal Care
- Assisting with Washing and or Cooking
- Helping the service user to maintain independence and confidence
- Talking with the service user and assisting with crosswords or puzzles so they don’t go through long periods of time without any mental stimulation
- Helping Family members come to terms with the changes that their loved one will be going through and assisting them with making any relevant changes in the service users life to make them more comfortable whilst keeping their independence.